Monday 13 April 2015

अंग्रेजी के कुछ महत्वपूर्ण तथ्य

  
The Titanic drowned in the sea
The Titanic sank in the sea

Higher we go, cooler we feel
The higher we go, the cooler we feel



She quickly did the job.
She did the job quickly.

He is my older Brother
He is my elder Brother

Most unique opportunity
Unique opportunity

It is much hot today
It is very hot today

Rich should be kind to poor
The rich should be kind to the poor

S/He is my Cousin brother/sister
S/He is my Cousin

One must do his duty
One must do one’s duty

Do you know to Dance?
Do you know how to Dance?

Have you bought some apples?
Have you bought any apples?

No less than 50 persons Killed
No fewer than 50 persons Killed

The climate of Goa is better than Nagpur
The climate of Goa is better than that of Nagpur
Many a man were here
Many a man was here

My state of health
The state of my health

I don’t know the English alphabets
I don’t know the English alphabet

May I take your leave
May I take leave of you

Excuse me being late
Excuse my being late

He rarely goes out, doesn’t he?
He rarely goes out, does he?

He admitted that he was in wrong
He admitted that he was in the wrong

The number of people are small
The number of people is small

My little sister goes to the school by bus
My little sister goes to school by bus

The series of lectures were boring
The series of lectures was boring

English teacher
Teacher of English

He lives in a boarding
He lives in a boarding house

You are wiser than old
You are more wise than old

A good play of football
A good game of football

He behaves as if he was a king
He behaves as if he were a king

Chennai is further than Delhi
Chennai is farther than Delhi

They were counting on me helping them
They were counting on my helping them

This drawing is more perfect than the other one
This drawing isperfect than the other one
Word by word translation is not necessary
Word for word translation is not necessary

Two third of the book
Two thirds of the book


No space in this compartment
No room in this compartment

No comments:

Featured post

करेंट अफेयर्स साप्ताहिक एक पंक्ति: सितंबर तक ● विश्व हाथी दिवस (World Elephant Day) जिस दिन को मनाया जाता है –  12 अगस्त ● हाल ही में ...